Monday, August 13, 2007

A Congressional Blooper

Last week, I was listening to a (community) radio commentary and I almost dropped from where I was sitting. Why?
The Representative of Occidental Mindoro, the "gentle lady" -- a lexical abuse reported by PDI in the House of Representatives -- was interviewed about the state of the national road in Occidental Mindoro. She generously granted an interview but -- lo and behold!!! -- she made mention of the JPEPA (Japan-Philippine Economic Partnership Agreement) as the source of salvation for our terrible road...
Inisip ko na lang bagong gising si Ma'am, kaya hindi niya alam ang kaniyang sinasabi...
But, now, I am just telling myself that in the final analysis, konsorte lang naman siya ni PGMA noon sa Finland. That's why she does not know for what the JPEPA is all about..
Kasi naman, ang mga taga-DZVT, sana nagtanong na lamang kung anu-anong kulay ng gown ang dala sa biyahe ni PGMA noon sa Finland...

No comments: